Credit for this recipe goes to Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) who recently posted this. It looked so good we decided to make it today for the Hound Hut picnic. It was a hit! So light and tasty on this hot summer day!! Here is Ree’s recipe:
- 1/2 whole Small Seedless Watermelon, Diced
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Diced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Finely Diced
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Seeded And Finely Diced
- 2 whole Jalapeños, Seeded And Finely Diced
- 1 whole Bunch Cilantro, Chopped
- 2 whole Juice Of 1 To 2 Limes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Throw all the ingredients into a large bowl and toss it together. Taste with a chip and adjust ingredients as needed.
Serve with chips or on top of grilled chicken or fish…or as a side salad! We served with tortilla scoops.